Dec

Children of Congress Don’t have to Pay Back Student Loans!

college-loan-refinance

Children of congress members do not have to pay back their college student loans. How nice for them!

Monday on Fox news they learned that the staffers of Congress family members are exempt from having to pay back student loans. This will get national attention if other news networks will broadcast it. When you add this to the below, just where will all of it stop?

35 States file lawsuit against the Federal Government

Governors of 35 states have filed suit against the Federal Government for imposing unlawful burdens upon them. It only takes 38 (of the 50) States to convene a Constitutional Convention.

This will take less than thirty seconds to read. If you agree, please pass it on.

This is an idea that we should address.

For too long we have been too complacent about the workings of Congress. Many citizens had no idea that members of Congress could retire with the same pay after only one term, that they specifically exempted themselves from many of the laws they have passed (such as being exempt from any fear of prosecution for sexual harassment) while ordinary citizens must live under those laws. The latest is to exempt themselves from the Healthcare Reform. in all of its forms. Somehow, that doesn’t seem logical We do not have an elite that is above the law. I truly don’t care if they are Democrat, Republican, Independent or whatever. The self-serving must stop.

If each person that receives this will forward it on to 20 people, in three days, most people in The United States of America will have the message. This is one proposal that really should be passed around.

Proposed 28th Amendment to the United States Constitution: “Congress shall make no law that applies to the citizens of the United States that does not apply equally to the Senators and/or Representatives; and, Congress shall make no law that applies to the Senators and/or Representatives that does not apply equally to the citizens of the United States.”

You are one of my 20.

Comments

1. 1. Warren didn’t lie. If she was able to get help being native American, that’s great for her. If you are native American and didn’t apply for the same help, you’re an idiot. 2. Not sure what loans you people have, but my 70,000 in federal student loans has been deferred every time I got laid off or hurt. They base my payment off of how much I earn and if I die, the loans die with me. I am extremely grateful.

2. Pamb with a B says:
  3. Well if this is true or not the new MA state Senator Elizabeth Warren “Lied” for a Harvard Education stating she was half Native American Indian to pay $50 a course at Harvard. Her & her husband another college Prof are millionaires now. Unreal. I am actually part Native American Indian & not one time did I use that. I went part time to a community college as it was all I could afford & than won scholarships for my GPA & being a non traditional student. Prior to that I went to a travel school that I had no idea was under Senate Federal Investigation & they seized our records which included a student loan check. It took me years & years to clear that mess up.

4. Pat Gargaetas says:

Sorry for the duplicate. Feel free to delete one.

5. Pat Gargaetas says:

This is not true. It is yet another case of FOX “reporting” on a viral (untrue) email, Check Snopes.com or FactCheck.org (below) and stop spreading regressive propaganda.

Q: Is it true that members of Congress, their staffers and their family members do not have to pay back their student loans?

A: Not true. Some congressional employees are eligible to have up to $60,000 of student loans repaid after several years — just like other federal workers. But that’s not the case for members of Congress or their families.

6. Pat Gargaetas says:

This is not true. It is FOX reporting on yet another ignorant viral email. See Snopes.com or FactCheck.org (below) and stop the spread of propaganda.

7. Romeo Cologne says:

Nowhere in this article does it mention anything suggested in the headline. This whole post is pointless and misleading.

8. My dad worked at the local state college (NY state) as a janitor for over 25 years full time, never missed a day of work. After he retired, he ended up getting a part time job at the college’s day care center. Both my sister and I went to the same college (I spent a little longer there). She even worked there for over 10 years and was unfairly “laid off” because of being called by the school so many time to pick her son up (he has Asperger’s and bipolar disorder). My sister no longer works because of disabilities, and I can no longer work because of total physical disabilities (I’m 32 and haven’t worked since 2006). Yet my sister and I are expected to pay back our student loans in full. With all the years my father spent working for the state college, retiring at about $35,000 a year, which was almost the sole income of the household (my mom’s totally disabled too, and barely gets over $12,000 a year on total SS disability AND worker’s comp. I’m currently fighting a SS disability denial). If WE have to pay back our student loans, then the children of Congressman who help hike up the tuition costs should have to pay back their student loans in full too. Maybe if they had to, their parents would fight harder for lowering tuition costs and making student loans forgivable in certain situations, like becoming disabled.

9. Wait a minute, FAUX NOISE? Provide me with a link from the GPO’s office or Thomas then we can have a civil discussion but from that station where perhaps 1 reader of Frank Luntz talking points has per chance an Associates in Journalism.
    Until that day “info from FUX NOISE =’s egregious urban myths!”

10. This is a crock of smelly, smelly lies. Please fact check.

11. Kelly Ann Pritchard says:

I was granted student loans to become a teacher at age 50 after recovering from a chronic illness which left me bedbound most of my adult life. I was approached for the “ticket back to work” government program, I graduated and worked a bit subbing I became ill again, had to quit my job, and nothing will erase these student debts. I am unable to get a credit card, move to a diffrent place to live, borrow a simple $1000 as a deposit to go somewhere. When I became ill again my car was repossessed, Social Security began taking out “overpayments” IE money I earned subbing school and I am one of the poorest old ladies I know. Not only should student loans be forgiven for the rich children of polititions they should also be forgiven for disabled people urged and then willing to go to college and try and get hired by Social Security Programs/ Dept of Rehabilitation programs. The people who helped me indebt myself earned 100’s of 1000’s of dollars while I struggled to bring lunch to school each day and spent all my money on tutors and books.
    Thanks for pointing out yet another perk reserved for the not so common folk