Apr

twitter nightmare is over-

I accidentally RT an address (it was incorrect thank God) on twitter-I hit RT instead of reply and immediately (within ten seconds) deleted it and apologized-I was attacked by racist filth for days until I defiantly said maybe I would show up in Sanford to peacefully witness and protest the arrest of George Zimmerman-tonight the guy who sent the original tweet to me admitted that he rt my ten second mistake, so I RT that, not understanding that his tweet was connected to the original tweet that gave the address. I have not really slept at all since I made that initial mistake, and now it appears that i have unwittingly done the exact same thing again-I deleted my account, and admit that tweeting is beyond my intellectual capabilities-I’m too old for it and it’s too scary a place for me. I will not be returning there. Again, I apologize for the mistakes I have made.

For anyone who seeks to contact me or send me links-this website is where I will be writing-I can operate it pretty well and I have interns here to help me do that-

Comments

1. anniejcooper says:

Now, its not that hard to understand how a mistake like that can be made. I made the same mistake, by hitting the reply button, thinking I was replying to someone else. In turn, I replied to someone I did not know and it did sound awful. But, it was a mistake, and I quickly remedied the situation by deleting the comment. But, not before you went off and then blocked me. I know that I am just one of those people out there in the world but I have had some decent conversations with you and have enjoyed them. You gave me some good advice that I took to heart. I think you are a wonderful woman, with a vast knowledge of what has, is and will continue to happen in this world. You standing up and doing what you are doing now, is a lot more than what the people that are standing up now and NOT DOING! So keep on rockin! Youre great. But could you unblock me, I really miss your tweets! You are hilarious and right ON! Thanks

2. msdesertrose says:

Roseanne, I didn’t know where to post this, I sent it to you on twitter but I know you get a lot of posts on there. I think this Travyon Martin thing MAY be used by Obama to invoke a Rodney King style trial & acquittal, therefore starting riots which will make NDAA 2012 and other police state measures necessary. The news media is so bought & paid for and used to control us & the way we think. Just like how the new media shuts out all other candidates except the ones (Obama & Romney) that will follow the same course of the destruction of a free America. We can’t trust the mainstream news because they are owned by the same corporations that run our government and serve that agenda, part of which entails taking away our freedom.

3. Keep on moving on the sane train! You are one of the few who I still have faith in!

4. OKay, I live in Massachusetts, a state where we had to live with Mitt Romney as our highest elected official,and I can personally attest to the fact he is NOT a “yankee liberal”…not in the slightest.. He made enormous cuts to our Medicaid system and closed down large percentages of treatment facilities.. I am truly scared to live in a country where he is president. Everyday I get a little bit closer to moving to Canada!

5. I am a bit sad to see you leave Twitter because you are one of the few people of huge importance and influence to ever reply to one of my tweets…however, I just love this site…A place where your loyal followers can read your insightful thoughts on politics, pop culture, and the world at large. I am so grateful to all you release into the universe…your humor, wit, intelligence, and strength is something I not only admire, but aspire towards. I really think we need you to infiltrate the government-legalize hemp and outlaw bullsh*t…PRICELESS!!! Hope you had a lovely Passover

6. maybe my stupidity finally paid off,could never get into twitter from the beginning,2 hard 4 an old fert like me

7. Ummm…you didn’t leave Twitter. :) I like your presence there anyway. A necessary semi-evil.

I love this site. you and others show me real love, and i thank you.

9. YAY! I am so glad you are NOT tweeting! I always thought it wasn’t good….to easy to put stuf out there….u later r mad u did :) I always love and support your wisdom and creativity! and your living authentic! Rock on GODDESS! You are the F@$#%-ing bomb!
    xoxoxo
    Love ya
    Shan

10. I am disabled and overwhelmed by medical bills. I stay at home most of the time, if you need me for any campaign taks I will be glad to help. I think you as President will be the only hope for people like me.I am Lisa Gregory one of your Twitter supporters and defenders though I know you don’t need me to defend you :)

11. Goddess PB Debs Keeler Dept of Human Rights says:

I hope you will stay on Twitter and get your message out to the people that will hear them. I am so proud to be mentioned as the Head of Human Rights and I am ready and willing to serve anytime. I am happy to provide you with all my contact info. Debs Keeler

12. Twitter and facebook are extremely toxic, no matter how hard we try to make them work positively.

13. Go to Florida Rosie to show your support against racism. You will be they only prez candidate who has the guts to go.

14. Twitter addiction is freakin’ EVIL. Been slowly weening myself away from it.
    Heading to Colombia on another adventure in May. Will drop a note or two while adventuring if anyone here is interested.

15. I signed up for Twitter like four years ago when my friend sent an invite. I looked at it, and never logged in again. It’s a waste.
    I’m glad that RW is being updated again.

16. yes, lets stay here now and talk.

17. yes that is what my friends are saying-honestly i just feel like i needed to add some ideas over there for a while since its such a stupid shithole of ignorance-lets stay here now and talk

Now i am sad. And i can send PMs to you on the old forum. Right Roseanne?

19. crazy horse says:

right on LJG

20. crazy horse says:

I told you I am worried about you. I don’t like this. Get off twitter and the shitter and all dat stuff. Please be careful. Rest when you need to ok? Granny Dude? Love you rooting for you from the rez.

21. Bob Barr, Roseanne Barr Negotiating Progressive-Libertarian Alliance Ticket?
    Posted at IndependentPoliticalReport.com;
    I have just learned from high placed campaign sources that Roseanne Barr, a candidate for the Green Party presidential nomination, and 2008 Libertarian presidential candidate Bob Barr are in serious discussions about a joint campaign for POTUS.
    The sticking point right now is which one would head the ticket. Roseanne Barr has been making the case that, as the progressive, she would bring 27% of the voters in the country on board as supporters in the general election, as opposed to only 13% that would support the Libertarians. She also explains that she had a top rated TV program in the 1990s, much more popular than Bob Barr’s impeachment of Bill Clinton, and that she has been voted queen of the US Parliament Inc.
    For his part, Bob Barr’s team points out that according to the blueprint set forth by political mastermind strategist (and himself one of the leading contenders for the Boston Tea Party presidential nomination) Robert Milnes, the male candidate should be on top and the female should know her place as the VP candidate. “A woman’s place is in the naval observatory, and the Bible says men should always be on top” according to Barr staffer April Moran. “In other words the determining factor for the top of the ticket should be based on anatomy, not ideology.”
    Asked to explain this development in light of Bob Barr’s recent endorsement of Newt Gingrich, Ms. Moran said “Newt is a real libertarian, however I just don’t like that Mitt Romney. He is a total yankee liberal from Massachusetts and follows a heathen religion. I know we need to get that illegal alien African Muslim socialist out of the white house by any means necessary, and I think that the poll numbers obviously show that Mr. Bob can win this thing by having a progressive female as a VP candidate.”
    Jean-Claude “Baby Doc” Duvalier will lend his considerable experience to the campaign as a high placed advisor.

22. We’re losing a battle over in the Libertarian Party;
    * * *
    Vetos are destructive. All plurality voting (a veto is a yes/no decision) is destructive. A better option is to use ranked choice voting and approve every item that garners 50% plus one vote, to calibrate the budget up or down based on the average of all Congressperson’s proposed budget sums, with each item nominated and approved by the majority reduced proportionately.
    Insofar as foreign policy, we need to base our foreign policy on whether and to what extent each country uses advanced voting systems. Are women, third parties and independents representated fairly by their voting system?
    We can’t expect to dictate an agenda to the Congress which is the same old negative infighting psychology rather than trying to work together through multiple alternatives to reach consensus.
    Finally, a unity coalition will poll a much larger percent than the any party going solo.

23. Someone is posting in your name, as of less than a few minutes ago > you account is apparently still active.
    Yes, lots of ‘haters’ at Twitter ….. and many of them sound like 1st grade dropouts with dangerous tendencies, to boot. Sheezus Cripe

24. Twitter is full of racist, woman-hating assholes. I like it here much better.

25. Dear Roseanne – I read all your stuff, since your talk show. I rarely comment though because I prefer to listen and percolate stuff.
    I just want to thank you. I have learned so much from you over the years. You taught me how to meditate, which is probably one of the most healthy things a person can do. When you take care of yourself, everyone benefits. Through meditation I have learned to respond to things and react less. I have been inspired by you to teach meditation to others.
    And like LJG I have felt your pain of the twitter error. The hatred coming from some people’s twits is alarming. And I am sorry you are going through this.
    I hope you will continue to share your thoughts and wisdom with the world in a way that is most nourishing to you. You are very brave and strong and good.
    May All Love Surround You,
    Z.

26. Dear Roseanne – I read all your stuff, since your talk show. I rarely comment though because I prefer to listen and percolate stuff.
    May All Love Surround You,
    Z.

27. bunnychick5 says:

WOW you are really done with twitter your whole reason i have twitter im sad to see u go i always looked forward to your twits every day …but i understand it is hecked world in twitt land..know you have my support in every way roseanne and vote you are awesome amazing woman…i made u some campaigne banners that are all coded for u n Direct link to ur prez site if u like codes for them let me know u can preview them on my banner site as well see if u like them also ive been getting word out here in Nevada bout green party and to vote n write u in on ballots…=) and here i made u a google chrome barr 2012 theme people can use as well https://www.mychrometheme.com/t/880plvmhbaf5348edz0quad7a
    deana
    heres my email if u like banner info or anything else im very computer savy i do webtech/webdesign …
    bunnychick5@hotmail.com

28. bunnychick5 says:

deana
    bunnychick5@hotmail.com

All I can say is Im glad yer going to be writing more on here. The 140 letter limit of twitter doesnt do your voice true justice. LJG followed you to twitter when Rs nuts was on TV. Its Addicting! way more than i knew it would be. Like any highly addictive substance, It attracts some unsavory(downright murderous) hater types. Just yesterday I was reading peoples death threats to you and tipi. I have to be honest, LJG was having PTSD like symptoms reading your timeline. Its very disturbing to see people I like threatened and bullied. I know your stand up background gives u a tough exterior to deal with asshats, but that type of day in day out abuse sucks. For you and your fans/family. Everyone makes mistakes, but on twitter these are amplified so a pindrop becomes a gunshot. Twitter gave me my first Cyberbully experience when I defended Chaz Bono dancing. One second, I was self amusing with lively banter, next I was crying cus all my emails, timeline, twitpic, all had personal threats saying they were gonna kill me and my pet, whose picture was up on twitter. I dont have a thick skin by any means, so
    that cyberbully had my number. He /she also told me
    they had 15 different twit accounts to attack me with. I
    found myself having to post an official retraction of what
    i sed. Which was basically that “the biggest
    homophobes are sometimes the most closetted
    homos.” I must have hit a nerve. After i apologized,
    they even said “they’d be watching me” Not Cool At All
    Your Twitter battle, and some other recent twit fights
    i’ve witnessed have me feeling sick and sad. A feeling
    I never had when blogging here in RoseanneWorld,
    where a Womans Voice Can Always Be Heard! This
    blog can be the cool and lively center of debate and
    information that it used to be. This blog is where I and
    others have found their writing voices. Not within twitters false, confining parameter of 140 letters or less. Welome Back Matriot. You make this place the unique sanctuary it is, for feminists, freaks, wise women, flaming LGBTs,and all who loved you then as R. Connor, or now as potential POTUS Barr. Ahoy mateys the piratequeen sails here on freindly waters. Light can(and will) conquer Dark, the Light just needs to be activated. And here is where that happens. Its hard for Deep Thinkers to flourish in the shallow twitter waters.

30. the double comments (ATTN webmistress or webmaster) are because when we leave a comment we’re getting an error
    Site temporarily unavailable.
    Connection timed out – please try again.
    though the message is actually going through.
    x
    holly

31. Roseanne, sad to see you leave Twitter. Maybe you can come back when all this has died down, start fresh.
    Your presence on Twitter made me think a lot about things. It made me read your book, Roseannearchy, which inspired me go back to school so that I can work in a library.
    Thanks for all you have done, not just to me and making me think, but for many people.

32. I thought it was an April Fool’s Day joke. Odd coincidence you being a Comedienne and all…silver lining what a great anniversary date of leaving. You are not too old to run twitter btw, twitter is filled with mischievous, conniving, faceless bastards who use their anonymity as a launchpad for their hate.
    You are amazing and wonderful. Thank you for existing.
    Be Well sister.
    I’m voting for you and I live in C.A.
    Spit & Spirit,
    holly

33. I thought it was an April Fool’s Day joke. Odd coincidence you being a Comedienne and all…silver lining what a great anniversary date of leaving. You are not too old to run twitter btw, twitter is filled with mischievous, conniving, faceless bastards who use their anonymity as a launchpad for their hate.
    You are amazing and wonderful. Thank you for existing.
    Be Well sister.
    I’m voting for you and I live in C.A.
    Spit & Spirit,
    holly

34. hey ROSEY….
    hate to see U leave Twitter (twat-er)!
    but I will make a point of connecting with U
    on Ur personal email address and on here…love U!
    LOU CASS

35. hey ROSEY….
    hate to see U leave Twitter (twat-er)!
    but I will make a point of connecting with U
    on Ur personal email address and on here…love U!
    LOU CASS

36. yeah! i just got too waylaid by mistakes which made more tweets which made more mistakes-not good for my mental happiness-

37. You cured your twitter addiction!