Aug

there is evidence to suggest that marijuana cures leukemia:

and many other illnesses.  I did a small movie/sketch with Malcolm McDowell where I played “Connie Cancer” to his “Kurt Cannabis”.  the title is “marijuana cures cancer”. THC is A G0DLY CHEMICAL.

A reader here writes:
 I decided that smoking MJ was her next alternative. I procured and rolled an oz for her and placed in freezer and “taught” her to smoke. I still have pictures in my mind of my tiny mom with a turban on her head (all her hair was gone) smoking a joint with her feet propped up. She began feeling better and had an appetite returning so she stopped smoking thinking she was “fixed”. Got a call within 24hrs that she was sick again. I had to explain how important it was to maintain a level of THC in her blood for it to work. My mother survived 6mo of horrific chemo and radiation therapy to live until 2006 free of cancer. Being a RN I truely believe she owed her cure to smoking MJ. She wanted to commit suicide and not take the chemo and radiation after one treatment because she was so ill. She said she’d rather go on and die than suffer and probably just prolong the inevitable. Legalize Medical Marijuana!

Comments

1. love that tell-jelly!
    Ok, sorry for my incessant posting of this link
    ((((((((exhale))))))))))
    blind monkey

2. Betty Krocker says:

Hello Roseanne,
    first off I have to say…….. I love you .and I don’t love a whole hell of a lot of people lol……..I just started watching your show last night, I watched the entire series in one night………oh how you remind me of me …… I was a little angry with you cause I went through more than one poise pads , pissing myself laughing!!!!
    you and your son remind me soooooooooooooo much of myself and my son.
    but i had to write to you in response to you saying cookies taste like dirt!!! my baking doesn’t !!! alot of people don’t even believe there is anything in them …until a half an hour after eating them ……**evilly grinning :-)
    but i am not limited to cookies I make anything that requires butter. I also make soups and chilis (do a mean vegetarian chili) fettucinne alfredo, bruschetta bread you name it i can make it!!!!
    do you ever come to Canada I would like the opportunity to show you how yummy pot can taste :-)
    sincerely Betty
    ps….. i started baking and eating because i have several chronic pain issues!!! it HELPS IMMENSLEY

3. Martin LOL!! Hey, black light it up. I was just trying to say, look we aren’t all a bunch of pot heads looking to just get stoned, were looking to use it as a resource. Now, what the Runaways say about you I don’t know. LOL ;)

4. Thx…..I’ll do that, Zelda.
    I would think Rosies’ views would be popular up
    in Eureka/Cresent City/Humboldt……thats’ VERY northern California.
    I’ll look for a lavender one…thanks for the tip…
    I appreciate it.

5. Yes, it works. Topically. It’s about $10 per ounce. It does not make you smell like marijuana. It depends on what the cannabinods (i know spelled that wrong)are mixed with. The kind that is mixed with lavendar smells the best. After rubbing it in, it brings an overall sense of wellbeing. (and you don’t test positive for thc if you are urine drug tested). We are in VERY northern CA. Far from San Fernando, but jeezy creezy man, you are around a BUNCH of dispensaries. Walk in one and see what they have… Things are different now, usually dispensaries have stuff like chapstick, salve, tinctures, it’s amazing. Good luck.

6. nicolegateley says:

Hello,
    My name is Nicole, I’m 24 with a 16 month old son, Jace. I’m emailing you (I hope its you) because I’ve watched you on tv since I was a little girl watching Roseanne and now I watch you on Roseannes nuts, I dont know why I’ve always loved watching you. The point of my email is not to blow smoke up your ass by telling you how I’m your biggest fan and everything else because honestly I dont like celebritys, I dont get into following them and who they are with whatever. I’m emailing you because I know you help people, your an amazing public speaker and I admire that. I dont know how to really go on to say what I want to so I’m just going to come out with it. I’ve seen many episodes on Roseannes nuts of you doing a speech about things. The gay speech in Salt lake city was amazing! I’m not sure if you know, as not many people really care until its in their back yard but September is childhood cancer awareness month. Now my son does not have cancer but I have been reading blogs of people whos children do and I feel like I need to make a difference, I need to let the world know how serious this is but I live in a small town in Arkansas and I have no idea of how to speak out and build awarenes…… until the other night, I was thinking about it and it came to me… You. You have a strong voice, You have the power to make a difference (and you do!) now dont get me wrong, I’m not asking for money!! I dont want a donation. Ideally, I would like you to do a speech, or perhaps you would like to do an episode on childhood cancer (as in go to the childrens hospital near you) I’m sure the kids would LOVE to meet you. I just want to know more people know that EVERY DAY 7 Children die of cancer… that every day 46 kids are diagnosed with cancer… I know you have grandkids and its absolutely heartbreaking to hear of these kids dieing…
    I have been following a blog of a little boy in Georgia named Bo Story. He was around 2 when he got diagnosed with a brain tumor. The drs removed almost all of it and he fought a long two year battle but the cancer ended up spreading to his liver and spine. Bo passed in August. He was almost 4. you can read his story at
    I’ve also been following another blog of baby Lincoln Jones. Hes 2 now and has cancer. He’s fighting and WINNING his battle. You can see his story at
    caringbridge.org/visit/lincolndanieljones/
    These children are hero’s and warriors. Its hard to deal with an adult battling cancer, but to be a toddler and battling it is amazing..
    Now please dont think i want anything out of this because I dont. I cried for hours as a read Bo’s story.. Everytime one of his parents posted on the blog I cried.. All i want is more people to be aware of how serious childhood cancer is and your voice is so much stronger and louder than mine. People listen to you and respect you. The way I see it is that the more people that are aware of childhood cancer the more people will donate…. The better the chances are that there will be a cure. Better meds. and more children saved. Theres something so wrong about a funeral for a baby. It tears you apart regardless if you know the child or not. Thank you for your time I hope you consider doing something to build awareness.
    Nicole and baby Jace.

7. Please contact heather.my email is hthorn@att.blackberry.net

8. Zelda wrote————–>
    There is a “salve” available. Rubs on like a cream. Takes away pain.
    mcovax——————–>
    Really?………and it works topically ?
    I had both my shoulders dislocated at the
    same time………my left shoulder is better….
    but the right……after over a year is still
    a pain problem……..are you in the San Fernando Valley?
    How much is it? Does it make u smell like pot if u use it?

9. My ‘almost wife’ owns a dispensary. There is a “salve” available. Rubs on like a cream. Takes away pain.

10. Holy Hemp Ministry says:

Yes, Cannabis Hemp is the answer to alot of problems. Holy Hemp Ministry is devoted to helping people with the knowledge of Cannabis Hemp Food and Clothes. I am rev Elijah Stutes if anyone has any questions or comments please emails or leave a voicemail at 808 430 1492. Jah Bless.
    The Truth will set you free!
    Rev Elijah Stutes
    Holy Hemp Ministry

11. Susan Wilson wrote———>
    mcovax wrote——————>
    I read it…..and so agreed with your post……..being in a place where MM is not legal must be frustrating……….we are fortunate
    here in california……..however…Susan
    You make me feel so guilty because I DO have my blacklights on here…………. and my red Lava Lamps…..but I am listening to the Runaways do “Cherry Bomb” instead………….is that OK ??????????????
    Cherie Currie…and….Joan Jett…….better than vicoden for pain relief!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. They make capsules with THC called Marinol. Ur physician can prescribe for you. Perhaps this would be a good option for you for pain control/relief. I have seen people with end-stage diseases prescribed this medication and was excellent for pain. Figure that huh? THC capsules that can be legally prescribed but they won’t legalize MMJ! Ridiculous and if they only knew its just the THC that performs the “magic”.

13. Roseanne when I posted to the other MJ thread I had no idea that I was going to be tested this week for a Leukemia-like illness this week after a bad blood test result. The result that caused the tests to be run aren’t good either way so now I really need to see what I can do as naturally as possible.
    I posted about it more specifically on the Refuah thread for this week about RNA/DNA Med but for example they’re giving me regular trigger point injections and they hurt like a mutha, I just had a set today after a really bad night where I almost went to the ER but of course they never want to do them where I need them cuz they schedule them from the status of the visit before. They offer the injection series of shots where they try to de-calcify the knots/bands of pain. I usually react to that too but the long-term result is usually better than nothing at all which is where I’d be at otherwise.
    I’m going to look into MM in a patch form or something to see if I can apply it to an ‘area’ for relief.
    Has anyone seen anything like that when they go to get their MM RX’s?
    Thanks!

It helps me everyday and has for years now. C U dear.

oh yea I know the Meditation is also helping you a lot-C U Tonite Bud.

Thx for what u say LJ,well you know my friend has been gone awhile now,but her energies are strong.She sure didn’t like smoke of any kind,but if she had been able to eat mmj I know it definitely would have helped her if not even saved her. I live for the most part in a state that it just in Not legal. It’s terrible really and i hope it will change.I Loved NUT’s epi that R did about this huge issue,and know it can only help matters regarding all of this.
    It being an epic nite w/NUTS & Meditation-I’ll be seeing you at 2am!-ONE LOVE

I really love the video that is posted on this thread where Roseanne playa Connie Cancer. It reminds me of when my uncle Bob had cncer. He got cured thank god.

Thanks hon- Meditation had a HUGE part as well.

Hi Chris, I’m glad you can get and use MMJ-and am glad it helps you!

20. We are SO on the same page regarding this subject. I’m so ready for the government to stop reacting to Big Pharmacy and allow the legalization to just take place already! Not only because of ALL of it’s economic benefits and medicinal qualities but for us who DON’T live in an approved state or DON’T have Cancer or AIDS but have a documented case of severe anxiety disorder or something similar (which is NOT a qualifying ailment in MANY states) can get our medicine without being a CRIMINAL! I don’t want to “deal” with criminals, I don’t want to be a criminal. And I certainly shouldn’t have to be in fear of imprisonment for using a MEDICINE! Absurd.
    And lets be honest here, I’m not sitting at home with my black lights on listening to Pink Floyd sparkin’ one up, I’m just trying to go about my every day life as an educated registered voter, tax paying, mother, wife of a man in the Air Force regular person who doesn’t want to take a pill to control something as simple as an anxiety disorder.
    Thanks for listening. Have a great day! :)

21. Hemp is a blessed plant. Time to accept that.
    YouTube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7Kw9-vTJYs&feature=player_embedded Police Officer Goes Crazy When He’s Told He Needs a Warrant to Search Car

22. My son brought up a good point to me. He remembers when the whole medical marijuana thing came on the ballot in AZ. I honestly don’t remember what year. But, I was against it because like so many other people in America, I was misinformed. I thought of the commercials AZ was putting out where grown men & women were still living at home with parents saying “I;ll look for work tomorrow” while they take a hit off of the bong with their friends. That made an impression & I thought That if the medical thing passed then everyone would get stoned & life would become still & stagnant. I believed that it would infect society for all of us that did not smoke it. Well, that’s what I get for letting somebody else make my decisions for me! I met an elderly man in Sun City, AZ who’s grandson was taking care of him. He had that eye disease that is so painful? Well, his grandson had heard about marijuana relieving the symptoms & pain & he went & got some for him. Then he taught his grandpa how to smoke it, rolled joints for him & everything! You know what, his grandpa not only had pain relief, which is HUGE because that is nerve pain, but his symptoms had lessened & the progression of the disease had literally stopped. The old man told me that he just didn’t know what he would do without it because he had spent thousands & thousands of dollars on the Rx meds from the doctors without any success plus the disease was progressing at an incredible rate! I’ve never forgotten their story & ever since then, I’ve made up my mind for myself & am a supporter. I myself & am allergic to it (go figure). I have to say, I was so impressed on “Roseanne’s Nuts” when she did the show on what she has to go through to get it as a medication. I love the two messages I got from it: 1)that medicinally, it is an organic medication with great benefit for the patient. 2)that she is not talking about recreational use, she does not even smoke it! I thought if that poor old guy were still alive, he would loved to be able to eat it in a brownie or something like that! He sure didn’t like having to smoke it but that was all he knew because there was no one to help him besides the grandson & no education of any kind. I don’t know how many people there are today that are living in that great big bubble of misinformation, but if each person just listened to one or two stories of the people who actually NEED it; not want it; NEED. I just don’t understand how they can be against it. There was one more super important point Roseanne made with her show & that is about taking it as a behavioral medication. My son is on a couple of them for a traumatic event in his childhood. He now has PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder). They put me on the meds too. I realized that they were damaging me & I quit taking them. My son wanted to quit too. When he tried, his mind & body literally had a break. That is really bad! So, he can not seem to quit them. He actually needs them though, please don’t get me wrong. It’s just that if he had been taking marijuana, there would be no toxicity in his body, no addiction/ dependance. Now that he is grown, things are different & he is stuck with the meds. I love the idea of Roseanne being able to take a med that will not harm her like the Rx’s doctors offer. Anyway, that is my testimony on this subject & perhaps it can add another dimension to this whole thing.
    Thanks again dear sweet lady, for all of the things you are doing. Just like with “Roseanne”, you are pushing the envelope & making things better for those who don’t have or can’t find their own voice. Oprah was right when she called you a genius. I know I’ve said that before but it bears repeating!
    So, be blessed in all ways for all days & may you always know God’s love, people’s compassion & have peace in your life!

23. Whoever did your hair and make-up on
    the Connie Cancer short
    did a wonderful job.
    You look stunning with orange hair!

24. legalize and promote world peace! thats all there really is to say! No fighting will occur, no wars when everyone is happy and love each other for legalizing a natural product! woohoo! :) and believe it or not i havent smoked for years lol

25. too_cool_for_cool says:

I would smoke it every day if it were easy to get here in Ohio. It truly helps me with all sorts of ailments from depression to anxiety to insomnia to lack of appetite, and overall a shitty outlook on life when I’m not under the influence. I’m just a happier person all around. When I can’t get it and I’m sober, I’m typically a miserable prick. Marijuana does wonders for me and I pray that Ohio goes medical soon.

I am sorry about your friend, DC and you kno the MMJ would have helped! Have read here and elsewhere that mmj shrinks tumors. I say wrap yer cells well in medical marywanna..It wont liquify yer vital organs. Thats a promise the Pharmas cant make…

27. One time a mom was frustrated with her child, who was diagnosed with autism. The school called ALL the time for her to come pick him up. She was about to lose her job. She snuck him a piece of her MM brownie before school one day. She said, “The teacher at school told me, ‘whatever you’re doing at home, it’s working'”.
    Miracle drug for sure.
    First do no harm.

28. I just think it is interesting that there are so many meds available for pain relief, behavioral health, etc. that are toxic to the body yet they are readily prescribed & sometimes OVER prescribed. It is obvious that medical marijuana is a cleaner med (non toxic) & has great benefit to those who use it. Politics are the only problem here & they do not belong in the Rx department!

I like to think so too- MMJ has helped me a lot.

30. THC truly is a “Godly” chemical! I use it for severe muscle pain due to fibromyalgia, chronic migraines, and anxiety associated with chronic illness. Nothing works better! Too bad that most “doctors” would rather see a patient addicted to synthetic opiates than prescribe a substance that is non-addictive and can NEVER result in overdose… I’m fortunate to have a real doctor who believes in treating my whole body/mind/spirit.
    Big Pharm is terrified of marijuana because it would cost them billions if it is legalized. What will they do when people can literally grow their own medication? This is why they pay off politicians to keep it illegal. It’s all under the control of greedy, selfish, money-hoarding assholes…

31. Used thousands of years as a medicine.
    The plant was lobbied against by nylon interests
    against its’ use in production of rope mainly,
    Marijuana was made illegal in 1938 in the US.
    Studies have shown that medical cannabis
    has effects in the treatment of:
    nausea, vomiting, premenstrual syndrome,
    insomnia, lack of appetite, spasticity,
    neurogenic pain, movement disorders,
    asthma, many types of cancer,
    alcohol abuse, glaucoma
    bipolar disorder, depression,
    epilepsy, Alzheimer’s disease,
    inflammatory bowel disease, migraines,
    fibromyalgia, collagen-induced arthritis,
    It relieves some symptoms of multiple sclerosis,
    AIDS, chemotherapy, and spinal cord injuries.

32. Been skipping around here on your site to see where I could just say Hello. I am a Big Island girl, Kailua Kona momma.
    My cousin Marc recently died very suddenly from esophageal cancer, only 3 months after being diagnosed. The last gift I ever got him was a vaporizer and I told him to go out in a blaze of glory, I told him I wanted him to go out smiling. He would always woop out real loud “cooome ON Funny Feelin Whoo” I miss him. He really liked me. How many people can you say that about? Just look at them and know, this person really likes me, all my dumb stuff and all. Love him.
    Anywho though…I just wanted to say Aloha Rosie, I love you and missed you and am happy you’re here on the healing island with us. Sometimes I see Leland from “Dog The Bounty Hunter” at Safeway and all my friends are jealous. But I hope someday I see you and I promise I wont hide behind a pole and try to catch a picture of you with my phone…or jump out and scream “Please take a picture with me!” I know you don’t shop at Safeway anyway though.
    Lots of love and blessings for you and your family and I hope your show gets picked up for another season because you just make me happy.

33. I only wish I had tried marijuana when I was getting chemo for ovarian cancer 21 years ago. I had to go to work the entire time (there was no FMLA then, it was before Bill Clinton’s presidency) I was so sick, I sometimes wanted to die.

34. Dear Roseanne-Its nice to meet a believer. To this day when I share this story with people I always get looks of disbelief and some even laugh. I guess they think I’m a nut but I know that MMJ saved my mothers life…

35. Hi Roseanne and everyone, there are so many natural healing protocols for cancer now marijuana is just one to help with so many of our aliments. There shouldn’t be any illness. But due to a lot of people’s financial situation, natural or holistic options are not available to them or very limited. Thats the one thing I’m working towards as a (HHP) Holistic Health Practioner is to make natural healthcare available to the underprivileged. But weed…. has many health benefits. Thats my two cents, I wish you all well until next time.

36. Pot is a miracle! I have been under attack from Rheumatoid Arthritis for over 16yrs now. As it fights to rule my body I experience daily pain and nausea. I don’t take any painkillers because I’m too young (50) to be a med-zombie… I still need to work full-time.
    So along with Acetaminophen and Cellibrex (an anti-inflammatory) what keeps me moving and sane is… The Gift Of The Gods… pot. I’m one of the lucky folks who gets motivated with a buzz, so getting stoned prompts activity as well as inner calm. It helps me deal with all the nausea of RA and keeps my spirit up… VERY important! It’s not easy every damn day knowing/battling the fact that I’m dying a slow, painful death and there is no cure.
    I need something like pot that will turn that frown upside down, not a synthetic heroin (Oxycontin) to dope and addict me while lobotomizing my spirit from my brain!
    I wish it wasn’t criminal. I hate facing big trouble for toking. It hurts NO ONE!
    I pray for decriminalization in all of the States!… and I continue to say… “fuck a bunch of shit!… I LOVE THE WEED and it loves me”!!! :) !!!

My Good Friend that died of leukemia might still be here if she had had MMJ.

38. In 1985 my mother was diagnosed with esophageal cancer which then had a cure rate of only 2percent. We were lucky in finding a Jewish oncologist who was exploring progressive-type therapies. He introduced my mother to relaxation therapy. He would also put her in a drug-induced coma to create amnesia for her chemo since it was making her very ill. We would put headphones on her and play music the whole time she was out. In between chemo and radiation she was getting very ill and lost half her body weight. The Dr suggested Marinol but she was unable to swallow cause of size of tumor. I decided that smoking MJ was her next alternative. I procured and rolled an oz for her and placed in freezer and “taught” her to smoke. I still have pictures in my mind of my tiny mom with a turban on her head (all her hair was gone) smoking a joint with her feet propped up. She began feeling better and had an appetite returning so she stopped smoking thinking she was “fixed”. Got a call within 24hrs that she was sick again. I had to explain how important it was to maintain a level of THC in her blood for it to work. My mother survived 6mo of horrific chemo and radiation therapy to live until 2006 free of cancer. Being a RN I truely believe she owed her cure to smoking MJ. She wanted to commit suicide and not take the chemo and radiation after one treatment because she was so ill. She said she’d rather go on and die than suffer and probably just prolong the inevitable. Her Jewish Dr supported what we did also…

39. Roseanne, do you have an email that I could write you? I have been wanting to write you for a long time now. You are a very loved in our family, and I would just like to share some things with you!! I didn’t know where else I could post this. Sorry!

40. Glenn Campbell ( who has it) calls it “Part-Timers”
    which kind of makes since.
    My Dad has it….it’s sad,sad, to see………..
    Rosie….u don’t have it.
    God made Marijuana……..but maybe we can pray it away
    with Michele Bachmann.

41. First of all, I luv you Roseanne!!! About the benefits of Gods wonder plant though, I truly believe it has kept my mom alive. She has COPD, emphysema, sleep apnea, and many more medical conditions. When she has pluracy, she hurts so bad. All she does is smokes weed. When she doesn’t have it, she can’t breath. I swear, it is keeping her alive. After smoking, she feels better. She is happy and she is relaxed. I have smoked it for years, but eventually I know I have to quit, because you can’t get any good jobs if you can’t pass a drug test. I really don’t believe it is a drug though. Just like others have commented, God put it here on earth for us to use. All seed bearing plants were put on the earth for us to use! It is not man-made at all like all these pharmacueticals, and real DRUGS, like meth, and cocaine. This is mary jane. C’mon it is natural, why can’t everyone see this??

42. jezuz christ-the names escape me now-alzheimerz?

43. Rosanne Barr, saving the world, one nut at a time.
    Love it.
    Wondering tho’ — how can I get my hands on your nuts?
    Are they available online or in stores?
    (wasn’t sure where to post this)

44. It’s interesting with bi-polarity, there is one way to go–your way–but a myriad of other directions to go on, so called “opposites.” Making two bad directions polarize each other confuses one into thinking that one of them is good (like modern medicine vs. new-age spirituality, for example). It’s a trap!

45. Maybe money shouldn’t run the world. Maybe it should be an “alternative game” like Monopoly.

46. :D
    If you smoke enough marijuana, the cancer cells get stoned too and don’t do nothin! Perhaps eventually die due to retirement being the #1 killer.
    Some mayan quote of “getting back in time with the universe” is serve by the weed…it’s not a weed, is it!

47. Cathleen Butler says:

Hi Roseanne. I applaud many of the movements you are supporting, please continue to keep us newbies informed. I love your new show because it is like watching myself and my family members. I come from a family of snorters when we laugh and I am always snorting when I watch Roseannes Nuts. I also come from a dysfunctional,cussing and farting family of which I am certain you can empathize with. All of my family with the exception of my son and one brother have passed away and my brother is mean and useless as tits on a boar hog. I need to ship him to your farm so he can run with the other wild hogs you have. I hope I have the chance someday to talk with you as I have many true stories I would love to share that would not only make you cry and think but would make you laugh until you peed your pants. When I see the promo of you dancing in the hulu skirt it reminds me of my grandmother Effie Mae who had a hula girl doll on the dashboard of her gold cadillac and would call us grandchildren, little bastards. My name is Cathleen Butler but my friends call me Magnolia Thunderpussy and you can too. I host my own radio program which is heard on the world wide web and on smart phones and i phones, all that electronic crap we are so reliant on. I know you are busy trying to make the world a better place but invite you on as a guest anytime via telephone, http://www.tenacityradio.com on Cathleen Butler FYI on Monday evenings. Keep Rockin It Roseanne! P.S. I have my own line of t shirts and bumper stickers for curvy gals and would love to send you one of each. I also still laugh at when you wrote George Bush was the kind of kid who picked his nose and ate his boogers. Many Blessings, Magnolia Thunder Pussy.

48. It was Malcolm McDowell, but those old British dudes all look the same. lol

49. The medical benefits of marijuana are amazing but unfortunately not recognized by our country as anything but an “illegal substance”. How can it be illegal if God put it there? I’ve been sick for a year now with unbelieveable pain & stomach problems. There isn’t one specialist I haven’t seen yet that can help me; not one man made test or drug has worked and I don’t like to be “all doped up” on pharmaceuticals but a few hits from God’s wonder plant helps me tremendously. The only downfall is the smoke and nasty taste! I truly believe in my heart that the only reason I’m still here is because that wonderful plant eases my symptoms and allows me to eat. Thanks for listening!