May

now women can oppress women too!! hurray!!

Comments

1. THANKS FOR COMMENTS

I would hope youd dress and act any way you please! just keep all primary and secondary sexual characteristics safely stowed in the overhead bins. lol jes messin… no, to be honest, I was referring to a particular style of highly sexualized, overly revealing “ho bag” costume that can be seen on teen agers or certain kind of older gals trying to defy the natural aging process via surgery and clothing meant for kids half their age. u see it more on the mainland, in places lyke The Glendale Gallaria in sub- urban Lost Angeles. Hawaii culture way different. LJG is no bastion of maturity, or even decency. One of my fave shirts 2 wear to Farmers market is my “I Support Single Moms,”with a cartoon stripper on a pole. Clearly as an old adage goes,” youre only young once, but you can be immature fo eva!” Dress how u lyke, but remember, if yer dressed too slutty you could be arrested for provoking a man to sexually assault u. In The New World Order of the U.S. Slay. i just wish that” womyn are being dragged back into the sexual and societal stone age” feeling would dissapate….

3. Lucifer Sam says:

I’m sorry you’ve been hurt in your past, or rather you’ve had to fight off the pains of life, but sometimes running away is a way of dealing with the problem or at least allowing karma to smack the person back who made us take flight or fight in the first place. I never had a best friend because I was so defensive, and fought back every time I felt pressured, so I understand a little bit. However, I think you if you settled down and revised a bit of your thought process you would find Roseanne to be on the same terms you’re speaking from… Not to pressure or provoke you, I only hope to encourage the positivity that I know is in you!

4. thebiggreenl says:

not sure if anybody else said this already, but this happens in the corporate world all the time…

5. love what your saying, but but but , just how is a grown women like myself supposed to dress and act? only my body is old, my mind is still young and kolohe.when my kid escapes my adult, and rules my actions/dress/limitations, am i like freaky friday material?

6. excellent watch, putting it on my channel. mahalo

7. awwww again you are sending shivers up my Shebrew spine, truth is addictive…more please

8. Danny Breitbach says:

In dead we are a bi sexual creature, like many if not all animal species.Actually I think a true straight person is the minority. AS well, as far as the catholic church out of all religions that illustrate the god concept, I feel the catholics have deviated more away from actual biblical interpretation than that of all other religions.Not to mention the bible was inspired by god, written by man ,well humankind was primitive then, so if god would reactivate that inspiration he now could send that energy to a more knowledgeable source there for I feel it would be written entirely different..And as far as bullying, It’s more of a peer thing much like homo phobia itself.They are trying to demonstrate to their friends that they feel the same way as the group.Individually they probably would never have acted out..Human nature is a complex issue,then throw brain washing religion into the equation and you have one mixed up society and children fighting literally for an identity..

9. I actually never thought of it that way before.

10. Yeah Oprah should have really had a show or two on that subject. Keep up the deprogramming of bullshit. Knowledge is power.

11. Thanks Ladyjane. I’m rather tired. It has been a long road, but I’d do it all again.
    Gloria did try to help with the evil christian brother problem. When my attorney left me (on the first day of the trial), I contacted her. Since conservatorships are not her area (civil law) she referred me to an attorney. What I learned from that experience was attorneys are not interested in helping on a contingency basis unless the estate is worth more than a million dollars.
    The DA had the case for about five months and told me that they didn’t have time to pursue it because they were short on staff.
    Glad it’s over so that I can move on.

12. Maybe I missed something, but what does this article have to do with the oppression of women?

13. Thank you for clearing up the Jesus gossip Roseanne. Way to break that bullshit program!

Mahalo, and thanks for the kind words(;

I read this out loud, it resonated with both me and my partner, and all womyn who grew up hearing” girls dont do that” Your untiring lifelong fight against oppression is inspiration for those of us who appreciate the Under Dog! I cant believe u talked to Gloria Allred! Her book was a good read for all womyn with “balls”( If only our culture had a more feminist way of sayin that.) I wish she could have helped with that “Kristian Evil Goodness” brother of yours. Thank you for your story of Resistance….

the bullying of today is more insidious and prevalent than any of us “oldies” can imagine. The nature of Social Media makes it so these kids today are bullied 24-7, 365, via smartphones, facebook, etc..Columbine is a far memoria to the new wave of junior social sadists running amok in our dis(union). The inability to communicate, the unwillingness to tolerate others who are different, and a social sanction on violence are all factors that are turning our schools into microcosmic versions of our fuct- up society.( Between grown womyn dressing and acting like their kids, and the kids dressing and acting like their “elders” theres’ some serious Freaky Friday shit going on as well..) Which brings us back to, Oppression of Womyn! Theres’ no doubt that giving and receiving the ” Arts of Oppression and Subjugation” are the some of the “unintentional but long lasting” lessons being taught in our schools today. Let the desensitizing of Amerikkas Youth begin. So they are War Ready upon time of their graduation. Cuz there sure wont be any jobs. War is the job now. When I grow up, i want to be a TSA, so i can put my hands all over people of all ages! Oppression Lessons begin at home, at school, and In Church!

17. Here’s my personal story about the oppression of women:

18. urbanteach says:

Lioness, I work hard to live free of the idea of absolutes, something you are suggesting. With respect to this thread the discussion is on oppression and women. I will attempt to blend the 2 here. Community run by women (even in its smallest of terms, including simply a group of girlfriends) are some of the most socialist societies I’ve ever lived under. Again, remember that I don’t speak in or live in absolutes, there is always a contra-argument here. So, in my experience as an oppressed woman, my tendency is to leave aside the argument that we can only exist if there is competition and fight. I also don’t subscribe to the notion that we, the human race, are completely fucked and that I must endure the status quo ‘cause change isn’t possible, it’s defeatist. Maybe this relates to your religious upbringing. In my schooling (catholic school) Mary was honored and her greatest virtue was her ability to endure suffering and pain… translation: a woman’s greatest virtue is to be a mother and endure suffering. I have chosen neither. Now, there are societies that exist in a combined state of capitalism and socialism, do some research on the Swedes. Last, some of our Sisters have taken the fight of oppression to result in being the oppressor, they are their own causalities.

19. late nite listening, unplugging the patriarchy;

20. And thank you so much for the advice! It is comforting to hear. That is what I try to do for my grandson everyday, his parents try to overlook this problem and I regret that I raised a daughter that would let their child be bullied and have little sorrow for it but that is the sociopathic world that we live in, I guess, that has very little regret for those who have to resort to killing themselves because they live life as they were born to be. It is just very challenging for me because even when raising my own children it is not a problem that I have had to endure but I tell him everyday that he is loved when he comes home. If love for you fellow human being and family member who you will love unconditionally is not something that the creators of this website feel that they agree with and just fall into the rest of the programmed, controlled, heartless society then this will be my last visit. Farewell friends!

21. I understand the basic principal of socialism, it works in small tribal communities but when implemented on a larger scale has been disastrous, breeding communism. Our population as it stands, is too large for this to work. Any social structure on a small scale could be successful with the right leadership. We are just not evolved enough as a species to be motivated by altruistic means alone. And no I don’t think it’s cool for homeless children to live next door to rich billionaires. I’m not going to go there. The term socialism itself has been perverted, like the word dictator which was not always the evil term it has become. I just don’t see a good solution to our current situation. Since there has never been a time in recorded history burdened with such a massive population, it’s hard to find clues from our past useful enough to prevent future disasters.

22. But, respectfully, how is this thread not about gays when the link you provided about gays being accepted into the clergy?

23. I’m sorry to hear about your grandchild. My parents went through so much during my childhood as I was bullied terribly through the elementary and Junior high years. What helped me the most, was knowing I was always coming home to someone who loved me unconditionally, that is the BEST thing you can do for your grandchild. Love made the bad things bearable. The teasing will eventually ease up when your grandchild connects with others who are like minded. Things changed for me my freshmen year of high school when I met others who liked and accepted me, I was still messed with, but at least I wasn’t alone. Also studying martial arts is a great way to build confidence, I enjoyed meeting people away from school. I learned that not everyone was like those mean nasty kids in school.

24. But since you seem to be so great at giving advice Roseanne, can you tell me what to do as a grandparent when you have a grandchild coming home everyday from school crying that their being made fun of and being called a fag and then asking you what that even means? How would you deal with that when even the school won’t, and then be able to not feel such a strong hatred towards any religion that condone this sort of behavior?

25. I have read every thing you say and actually agree with what you say, young lady! I never said this was anyone else’s website and have showed you proper due respect with everything just as I do with every one else! You make a lot of good points and I actually meant to reply with what your saying makes a lot more sense then the mainstream version of what is fed. I’ve probably been more out of the system of brainwashing since before you were even out of diapers! All I was saying though and is what I have learned from many years of experience is that is that Christianity is fed into centuries of defamation and rewriting that feeds into the brainwashing and forming those into brainwashing.
    But as far as what you said about Jesus, don’t misunderstand me hon! Don’t take me wrong and think that I am trying to disagree with you, I only brought up the thing about homosexuals because it makes me feel so bad for these poor souls that already have to go through so much hatred just for living life honestly and being true to themselves and then having to hear from the followers of a false and hypocritical religion that tells them its wrong to be themselves! Ya know, it brings me to tears just to type this but I have a grandson who has to go through this everyday in his 6th grade class and as a grandparent I would like to do ANYTHING to make this all better but there is nothing that I can do and this is why I feel so adamantly about the Christianity faith, its written by a group of hypocits that ignores that this even exists within themselves and then push others to even commit suicide because they can’t be accepted. I’m sorry you disagree with that, but that is truly how I feel on it, and I’m sorry that you disagree with me! :(

26. My mom used to make me go to church every Sunday (A Presbyterian church). After sitting though the b.s., at the age of seven, I thought to myself, all they talk about is men (I’m fm) so I told my mom I didn’t want to go anymore. She said, “Okay, but you have to stay home every Sunday.” That worked for me.

27. Lucifer Sam says:

I love your take on Jesus being killed for standing by his mother… that is so true in the history of biblical female discrimination. Keep fighting, I hope you get to speak your wisdom to the world one day! Not only the Roseanne World, but the BIG one too!

28. i was thinking that’s the image that blue beam would project into the sky, then i realized they already project that into our brains via media etc. until we are phallocentric in our thoughts. move it up a few chakras i say..

29. LOL! You never hear about any of that because among other things that is what is repressed in Christianity. The entire religion has been degraded over the centuries and tries to uphold a sociopathic homophobic/sexist hatred for absolutely everyone and tries to push ways of life that were NOT even acceptable 2,000 years ago on modern day. Like for instance the bible, or the third book, Wayiqra, mentions:
    “Any man that lies with another man shall be punished to death”
    BUT the book of Deuteronomy at 22:20-21 also states to kill all women who are not virgins on their wedding night, so what’s next, oppressing and segregating women again too?
    Also, as far as homosexuality goes in biblical times they had weird views on it anyway. Take the ancient Roman soldiers for example, they were gone at war for YEARS at a time and would often pleasure each other sexually while away because their men and ALL men are like dogs. Gender isn’t that important when their faced with the possible threat of a couple of years of celibacy—-hell the male mind can’t even go more then 10 minutes without thinking of sex.

“…big penis in the sky.”
    Time to rewrite the classic “Spirit in the Sky”?
    “…gonna take me up, to the PENIS in the sky.”
    Prefer Nina Hagen’s version to Norman Greenbaum’s original.

31. Lucifer Sam says:

I was like you need the 23rd volume!!! I was about to ask if you needed me to send it to you haha. Glad we cleared that up. Do you read arimaic btw? I had to teach myself lol.

“I couldn’t wrap my head around the balance of dogma, my thoughts and feelings and my sense of reality and what is true.”
    WORD!!!
    My family is predominantly catholic, so I feel free to speak (aka BASH) more on the little I know of this most dangerous group with a history of raping and pillaging. Now their in the business of creating a fascist govt here in America! (thanks Supreme Court pedo-loving catholic justices!)
    Nothing better than kneeling (and/or bending over if your an alter boy) and listening to the “word” tell me I’m evil, a sinner, and I must CONFORM to be accepted by JESUS and “father”. Love the sinner hate the sin is FUCKED UP!! Guess what, the sinners (gays) don’t need your acceptance, but you need OURS if you wish to remove the mind-control program.
    In my opinion, Jesus was a false prophet. The walking on water, water into wine, resurrection after death, crucifiction… blah blah blah. Wasn’t original then and it isn’t original now. Jesus “borrowed” from history to create a regurgitated story told thousands of years in places such as Egypt before his birth/death.
    (((BULLSHIT))) cough

33. Lucifer Sam says:

23 volumes

Thanks for the detailed definition Urbanteach! Most are so quick to view socialism as communism. Roseanne’s quick definition is dead on.
    SOCIALISM = SHARING
    CAPITALISM = HOARDING
    I will take socialism, ALWAYS. I have compassion for others and do not choose to embrace a society of xstians and other organized religions who go against their own JESUS, who was a SOCIALIST!!
    The best chance I have to experience this is to create it for myself where I live. I share when I have extra, I give food and shelter and transportation and work to those when I can provide it.
    I refuse to be a passive participant in my socialist views, but prefer to call the LIARS and false-worshippers out on their BULLSHIT.
    Not saying I don’t believe Jesus was bisexual, just don’t give a shit. Goddess is in my heart and my meditations and actions. It is easier for the pedophiles and rapists to be xstian (especially catholic), where they only have to CONFESS and “father forgives all”. I guess when you worship a penis god it’s the old “boys will be boys” reaction.
    BARR 2012!!! BULLSHIT IS BULLSHIT!!!

35. some say, their daughter is saint sarah, from southern france. maybe. we need dna testing to prove any of this stuff.
    also , i thought we were looking into a mix of socialism and capitalism.

damn, ive never heard of that…..Raised something from the dead, indeedy! Now thats gotta be the strangest “danger-fag hook up”*on record. we definitely never heard of this in my “Fear of an Angry Father” kind of religious education that I received.( on bended knees.) Nothing good can ever come from being constantly on your knees! Lol, unless your gardening, or cleaning, or trying to find a contact!
    *Risky Gay Sex, performed
    in public, a la Central Park NYC, Bushes of Golden Gate Park SF or any highway underpass. where u see plenty of cars with no other real attractions.

37. Where is the proof that Jesus was married and had children? I’ve heard that it was possible that he married Mary Magdalene but I don’t believe that anymore then I do that his mother was actually a virgin. I mean its very possible that his father was very gullible though, what man rather it be biblical or present day actually has a brain anyway. Jesus was an unmarried man who did not uphold family values. He traveled with a bunch of men and enjoyed an especially close relationship with one of his disciples, John. There is also a manuscript that a Jerusalem monastery found that strongly suggests that Jesus had a homosexual relationship with a young man that he raised from the dead.

38. urbanteach says:

Sorry that you didn’t have a social studies teacher that applied the idea of academic freedom to his/her curricula. This is how it is defined for my 8th graders when we start a unit on movements within the U.S. which included for a spell a large amount of pro-socialist arguments. Hope it is helpful and not suggesting I am answering for anyone else.
    “Socialism, in its many philosophical and social scientific manifestations, is grounded in the idea that the best of all possible human societies is one based on cooperation and nurturing, rather than competition and greed. As a guiding philosophy for organizing family life, socialism has widespread support, even among conservatives. Nevertheless, socialism is a protean concept: defined, for social scientific purposes, in many different ways — presenting different faces, as it were.”
    I think that you are referencing a more marxist approach which defined a time between capitalism and communism. Only one short-sighted view of this ideology.

39. urbanteach says:

Interesting, makes me think: “I disagree. I don’t think this has anything to do w/ “acceptance”, but rather assimilation. No thank you.” I haven’t been a member of an organized religious tradition in over 20 years, I couldn’t wrap my head around the balance of dogma, my thoughts and feelings and my sense of reality and what is true. Somehow eating fruit off the tree of knowledge is interpreted and taught as a bad thing, confused even my adolescent mind.

40. Not to change the topic or anything cause I actually agree with your distain of organized religion but I can’t help but notice you sling the term socialism around in your comments a lot. Can you elaborate on what your definition of socialism is, because every thing I read about it is horrifying. I don’t need the government to do everything for me, think for me, feed me, give me entertainment, wipe my ass for me, perhaps I am missing something here?

“I think its the start of ending the hatred a lot of churches have for the LGBT community, and really would help reduce hate crimes ..”
    Now we have women, gays & lesbians with their own spin on the good book of oppression and mind control.
    Women, gays & lesbians need only wake up to the good old Church of Common Sense, atheists welcome! No need for the catholic confessionals, the members of the Church of Common Sense PRACTICE and LIVE their SOCIALIST values, rather than RAPE children and CONFESS their sins and are “absolved” by their “FATHER”. WTF?!?!?

42. I think its the start of ending the hatred a lot of churches have for the LGBT community, and really would help reduce hate crimes because really there is only 2 reasons that someone would hate gays.
    1. Their closeted and insecure about themselves.
    OR
    2. They fall for some religious bullshit that says its wrong to be attracted to the same sex and if the church changes their views then eventually their followers will too.

I guess this is good news.

Now gays can be clergy is ggod news?. I guess it is.

I do not see the good in this, someone help me.

46. The way I see it is after this though is its not even women they are oppressing anymore but just the straight female lifestyle, which doesn’t exist anyway—in some way we’re all at least bisexual so I just look at it through they way that maybe the Presbyterian Church is one of the few finally promoting honesty. LOL!

47. Seems very fitting that they would allow gays and lesbians into the clergy because well lets not forget that even Jesus wasn’t a straight man. There’s been many small mentions of his male relationships so why wouldn’t they finally allow members of the sexual orientation of their founder into the clergy. Maybe its just a matter of time for women though.

48. urbanteach says:

Unfortunately, the Catholic Church still is deep seated in its view on the role of women and still doesn’t allow for the ordination of female priests. Social and cultural bias continues to infiltrate its doctrine. As it was conveyed to me directly and indirectly Eve caused the humankind’s fall from grace and all women as a result are fucked (so to speak), you can see my problem! I appreciate the reference and interpretation of the role JC played in terms of whom he hung out with. I have recently been exploring my other half-Judaism and at my brother’s urging have been reading and listening to Aviva Zornberg a pretty interesting perspective on torah, conservative and she is an English major/scholar, such a refreshing analysis for me! If interested check out her discussion of Exodus on public radio here is a link :)

We know that he was at leasBi-friendly (the apostles, please, can u say sausage fest?) and person specific( Mary Mags) Please dont forget our “Lord and Savior” loved them Whores! “Let he who is without sin amongst u cast the first stone” Im not a big fan of the Catholic church, you gotta at least respect an open mind, shit, JC even ate with theives, cripples, children and, Tax Collectors! A man o’ tha common peeps. Letting Womyn into these previously all male institutions is a sign of the times. What it does bespeak is the growing Female Majority in the general population.
    If U want Womyn to listen, A Womyns Voice is most effective!
    BARR2012

50. can’t let the gays stray from the flock. does this mean it will be accepted that the sun of the man was bi?