May

fuck reagan–this was our greatest president, a prophet:

“The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power. ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comments

1. Lucifer Sam says:

Capitalism has the choices for government to decide on. Socialism is often the programs that are selected based on the people’s choices, which still include constitutional rights, however it’s enforced by the Law. Fascism is where a Ruler gives you limited or no freedom, in an often controlled system where you are basically lab rats to the Ruler. And the Ruler has all the freedom and can basically tell you to do anything, and you must do it. It’s a form of slavery.
    Just making sure the people know the difference between capitalism, socialism, and fascism. Just helping keep us all relatively sane, we don’t have to be though. ;)

2. Yea and FDR is who laid the groundwork for Reagan to be able to do that. Also, there is an obvious difference between fascism and socialism, but you keep trying to imply that I must be insane. Why is that, I’m not calling you insane and lets not forget that I’m not the one who has been splashed across the media several times for what appeared to be drunken late night ramblings that hardly make sense, ranting and raving on everything from Brad and Angelina to some random director that made it on my bad side over 20 years ago and I’m now mad that he has a bigger name then me—-but you have! I’m not calling you crazy because you have different opinions, even though many have said that you are and are ruining your own legacy, so why would you refer to someone else as such? Standard left wing bullshit is all that is.

3. Lucifer Sam says:

LOL Stace, Roseanne already told you it wasn’t unconstitutional as you claim. I hope your confusion clears!
    Let’s take the current medicare bill Obama is trying to pass right now. I had to revise the bill because there were portions of it that are unconstitutional, such as: sending people to jail for not having health insurance and/or charging them $100,000 fine. After the revisions the bill is going to be considered constitutional.
    So even though the Agricultural Adjustment Act was ruled unconstitutional at one time, it doesn’t make the bill itself unconstitutional. Especially, if the bill went into effect after it’s revisions. This is what democracy is about, finding an agreement on common ground. It’s the way the house is set up for congress and the president to agree on terms that are for the people. The AAA is a Constitutional Act according to history. These kind of revisions happen all the time, it’s a way of testing the people’s true constitutional freedoms and it strengthens us.
    FDR was a very open minded and very constitutional. I’m sure he recognized that farmer’s of that period of time were struggling with economy so he attempted to adjust the farming industry where it could become employment for the people and put a cap on the inflation of overstocked farmed foods. The government had to put a stop to spending money on farms if the money wasn’t going to return directly back to the economy because the country was trying to recover from The Great Depression.
    Check out how the Government and the Economy works before giving us a history lesson. It may appear unconstitutional, but that’s how government bills are past during a struggling economy. The government needs to know how hard it needs to be on the people to motivate us back to a flourishing economy. Don’t believe everything you hear with history, take a bite out of it, research how the government worked in those days, double check the economies status, and then go back to history. I’m sure you’ll find yourself enlightened at how much wiser you’ll see yourself.

4. but the FACT is that this government is owned by big money now–which happened because of reagan and limbaugh–who made it their business to attack the social safety net on behalf of big money—you see no difference in fascism and socialism but most sane people do.

5. Also, no. There were programs such as SS that were positive and lasted…but the thing is just because of that doesn’t make him a good president because even Bush had positive legislation come out of his administration but your just picking like 2 or 3 that had a positive impact out of the very many that were declared unconstitutional.

6. I agree that it is a great quote, and makes a lot of sense but also cannot forget it was still written for and spoken by a POLITICIAN, and we both know that politicians will say anything to get elected and he did serve 4 terms so it was obviously an interest of his, so all I was saying is his words contradicted his actions.

7. so a lot of small things were modified–but –social security and the Gi bill–the mainstays of the new deal– the very things that created a middle class here–were never ruled unconstitutional at all ever, were they?

8. will read about that later–but anyway back to my point that you continue to miss—what do you think of the quote that is the subject of this thread? this thread was about fascism in america and not the new deal–what do you have to say about the actual quote? I know you prefer to ignore that–but try to focus in and respond.

9. On that same day also, the Court unanimously struck down the Frazier-Lemke Act portion of the New Deal as unconstitutional.

10. Also read on another program, the NRA, and how it was ruled unconstitutional in Supreme Court case Schechter v. United States

11. i just read about it and it says that it was amended and some parts cut–as happens all the time–also it said that it remained in place for seventy years. Perhaps if it was still in place, Monsanto would not be forcing frankenstein foods down our kids throats.

12. I never said that the entire thing was unconstitutional, and I just gave you an example of one of the programs that was declared as such which a lot of its programs were declared. Not every one of his programs were, however, as I said in my original post. Just like any other economic plan, it has positive aspects but FDRs was more over a blunder.

13. oh–so you have read between the lines of the new deal? so give us some insight then–how was it unconstitutional? begin with the GI bill—what about that was unconstitutional?

14. For example: The Agricultural Adjustment Act which raised farm prices by cutting total farm output of major crops and livestock; replaced by a new AAA because the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.

15. we’ll set this aside since its irrelevant for now–and again ask you to sanely answer the one question i have asked you–when did congress vote that the new deal was unconstitutional?

16. really? like what, social security? what –here’s your chance to let me know—which of the New Dea programs were declared unconstituional and when?

17. Yea and Eleanor was also his first cousin so what does that tell you?? And read between the lines of the New Deal, Roseanne, and you’ll see. Your a smart woman, so I’m sure you can spot how it excluded women.

18. answer one of my charges and stop changing the subject–a right wing troll tactic–answer even one of the questions i put to you if you can–when did congress vote that the new deal was unconstitutional? that’s what you said, and so stay on that subject. when did that occur?

19. Also, a lot of the New Deal programs were declared unconstitutional decades ago. Have you even researched any of this Roseanne because you don’t seem to have knowledge of anything that actually happened during this era.

20. liar–the american people loved FDR. he saved our country from fascists, and his wife Eleanor was a feminist force all over the world.

21. That’s a lie! World War II got us out of the depression because it provided a business boom to create weapons. Look at some illustrations from the 1940s of how even farmers protested the New Deal, just seen one that illustrated a farm with a sign stating “This farm is not on government relief” because it was a system based on government dependence.

22. so the filthy rush limbaugh lie that you re-tell here is what—that congress declared the new deal unconstitutional? when did that occur?

23. your mind control program is sputtering and your sentences make no sense at all, as a result.

24. SECOND LIE YOU TELL: ‘and it was a system that also was considered during that day to have been prolonging the Great Depression because everyone was on government relief,’
    YOU ARE CHOKING ON VOMITING THIS TRITE MIND CONTROL PROGRAM AND CAN’T EVEN CORRECTLY ASSEMBLE A SENTENCE THAT MAKES SENSE–
    NON TROLL REALITY: it got us out of the depression and created for the first time in this country, a middle class, which was a merchant class (small business was the cornerstone of the economic boom that occurred in the fifties here due to this re-distribution of wealth from billionaires to workers–)–

25. Actually something declared unconstitutional would be by Congress, who is defining it based on the Constitution so its actually defined by our founding fathers in the 1700s

26. I’ve read what it says and what I’m reading is spoken from a politician, one that defined presidential limits at that after he served 4 terms, that put down the private sector but have you truly read every line of what he proposed for the public sector, Roseanne? I mean, your big on feminism so I would imagine you would already know this but do you know how his economic plans excluded women, just at that? Everything I said was true, it just involves reading more then what’s provided by mainstream book publishing.

27. FIRST LIE THAT YOU TELL: Have you heard of a thing called the “New Deal”? It was FDR’s system of economics, where a lot of programs were >>>declared unconstitutional,<<<<
    BY WHOM? BILLIONAIRE INSURANCE INTERESTS IN CONGRESS?
    NON LYING TROLL REALITY: it was a response to hunger and homelessness and suffering of taxpaying americans after every dime they had was stolen by wall street.

28. there is only one party–the money party, and it has two sides–rep. and dem. do not vote for either of these parties ever. vote green

29. almost every line of what you write is right wing rush limbaugh lying bullshit, and it’s completely off the subject of this thread too–re-read what he said, and if you can, (?) understand that what he said is now the reality of the united states of america–now a fascist police state.

30. In what way am I misinformed?

31. you are misinformed.

32. Have you heard of a thing called the “New Deal”? It was FDR’s system of economics, where a lot of programs were declared unconstitutional, others were repealed and it was a system that also was considered during that day to have been prolonging the Great Depression because everyone was on government relief, well except for women of course because FDRs system of economics did very little for women because it was considered that if a man had a job then whole families would benefit and also a social norm that a woman would give up her job upon marriage, and actually laws in some states preventing both husband and wife from holding government positions…so essentially you could consider FDR to be a chauvinistic, as well as a communist and fascist because his economic plans were accused of being both.
    Also another one of FDRs blunders is the attack on Pearl Harbour and how he denied intelligence reports to Hawaii prior to the attack, misleading his own commanders about negotiations with Japan, as well as he falsified the information that was given to Hawaii. Bush Jr stole a page out of FDRs book on 9/11 because it was a repeat of the same thing. An attack on american soil led by our own government to outrage the public so bad that it would enrage Congress to declare a war which would finally give the president his chance to push his true agenda.

33. MiddleFingerGuy says:

FDR spent a lot of money on safety-nets for the poor … Reagan raped the poor as Republicains like to do.
    He wasted so much money on defense, for a no-war president, it’s disgusting. I think Reagan was one of many horrible presidents. I have a problem with most of our presidents. A two party system lacks diversity. We need to expand our system to include more than 2 power-crazed political parties to represent a modern, changing America. Fight the power! Fight the poers the be! #Vote

34. Of course though with FDR’s position you can’t blame him because that was a war that was necessary and also one that bankrupted almost all of Europe and how we even became the worlds only superpower for so many decades so of course it would cost the USA a lot of money as well.

35. Don’t want to correct you but while Reagan was a horrible president he didn’t spend more then any other president, even up until that point. Ironically FDR, who Roseanne is calling our greatest president ever (and he was a very good president) spent almost 1.5 trillion dollars on WWII alone and also his successor Harry Truman borrowed what would be valued today through inflation rates an estimated 24 trillion dollars from Congress.

36. MiddleFingerGuy says:

When Reagan was elected, it was the biggest role of his career, the President. He started this country on a downward trend of not helping the poor and diadvantaged and spent more money than any other president, up to that point.
    He never made any sense and he is/was a fucking war criminal. I’m glad he is finally dead. Oh, but now he is thought to be a great president. Fuck Republicains; and Karl Rove was the mastermind.
    Barr v Palin 2012

37. Derrik.Moore says:

Either that or “Calibri”

38. Derrik.Moore says:

Its probably the font called “Cambria Math”. It looks very similar to the default font on my computers Office software that I type all my bosses reports in at work is how I noticed it.

39. QuackQuack says:

Off Topic: Does anyone know what “font” is being used for Roseanne’s post? I doubt Roseanne will know, hence anyone. Thank you. I actually quite like that “font”.

40. Reagan was a master manipulator. He knew how to play on the fears of his all white fan base – he convinced them that their fears of black people overpopulating and taking over the country would be true. He let them believe that the welfare queens and the junkies and queers were out to get them, and that if we let HIV exterminate those populations everything would be okay. Those fears were so intense that they still exist today.

41. lots of us are in the Know. We don’t bow down.

42. Lucifer Sam says:

Lol I would join her secret service, if Roseanne wanted. In a heartbeat I would be ready.

43. Derrik.Moore says:

So does that mean if she’s elected president then your joining the Secret Service? If so then you might want to join now because new agents are never assigned high profile protectees which means if you wait until after Roseanne’s elected then the only bullet you’d be jumping in front of would be for the presidential goat!
    LOL!

44. Lucifer Sam says:

And I will gladly take the bullet for any woman of Righteousness such as you, Roseanne.

45. Lucifer Sam says:

I have a sweet side, I swear lol.

46. Lucifer Sam says:

I won’t easily die, I’ll make a mess, I’ll yell every bloody curse that runs in my veins to their highest power, I’ll speak forbidden fruits to their hearts, and make my death the most dishonorable in a most dishonorable government. My spirit will rot their souls, I will devour their minds in my death haunting them and every hand that causes my death (if anyone could accomplish killing me), I will cause the treacheries on their actions, turning there mistakes into the poison of their end and they will be brought to a suicidal government. And when it is finished and death has spread it’s wings upon the world casting the shadow of the valley of death, I will love again and ascend to the Light.
    Sorry, I get pretty detailed into the way things are headed for our world. I’m a writer and poet, also a model and actor lol. I’m not going down without a fight! And neither are you!

47. it is already too late for the most part–but we still have to make the effort in order to die on our feet and not on our knees

48. Lucifer Sam says:

Controlling powers such as “big brother”…. The governing version of Cain, where it’s people are as Abel. American government is it’s brother’s keeper in this eye. The symbolism of the flaws in the Bible have been creeping their way into the consciousness of the governing minds for centuries. What’s even more terrifying is to believe that the leaders have no idea how affected they are by prophetic karma. Their thirst for control and power has made them into the clay image of the villains in the Bible. Someone needs to instruct their subconscious and guide them to the Light before it’s too late for these mind controlled legions and they must lose their heads for lack of being able to control themselves.

I am with you on this note rosie, reagen was the asshole before the bush father and son. But if i can i want to add jimmy carter to the best president list as well as franklin.
    I love what he said.

50. Derrik.Moore says:

Ironically this is what we have today because its big businesses that own America and really every president that’s been in office since this transition occurred should have been impeached for going against the oath they took to be sworn into office because they have to promise to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by allowing this abuse to happen because the constitution states:
    “When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”