May

fuck reagan–this was our greatest president, a prophet:

“The first truth is that the liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it becomes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or by any other controlling private power. ~ Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comments

1. Read Ann Coulter’s books, she puts everything in perspective and essentially everything that she’s saying is right with how corporations and individuals are.
    She’s very similar to you, Roseanne, in the fact that she’ll speak her mind on what she feels is right regardless what everyone else says but actually listen to what she’s saying because its the cold hard truth.

2. Yes, that you are right about. Individuals should have more rights then corporations but lets say you eliminate the corporations that they have as bosses and then all thats going to be replaced with the is government and essentially individuals being slaves of the government which is really what socialism is.
    You would rather have every citizen be dependent on their government then actually work for what they have—which is what capitalism has them do, its all about putting in the work. Brings back to what I said before—–
    Capitalism = A system that’s last 250 years and makes people not be lazy.
    Socialism = Slavery
    Fascism = A left wing scare tactic

3. Yea, and instead of sending those fresh high school graduates overseas to fight for their country and keep terrorists a bay lets just have those fresh young grads stay at home and go jobless because of wasteful spending on part of a liberal government that can’t create jobs for shit and they can just lay around and do drugs all day—or better yet, run off and get married real quick, they just better make sure the spouse is liberal because then they got the green light for side action and it’ll just be overlooked.
    Yea, republicans are to blame for governmental privacy but liberals are to blame for transparency to not only the american people but the american enemies as well. So basically that’s like saying liberals don’t mind if we don’t have liberty, as long as there’s no secrets involved.

4. Lucifer Sam says:

“Troll”? The classic Republican strategy of of labeling the OPPONENT to further desensitize non-republicans in saying that you, Stace, are only slightly conservative… when you are a conservative extremist! Then further desensitizing the public from the definition of slavery and claiming it’s socialism of Adolf Hitler, when in fact it’s a fascist gamble of lives by the republicans yet again, to bring in the fresh graduates of high school to fight republican wars which there very purpose is political gain.
    Republicans start wars and spend the wealth on pointless ends, then leave it to their slaves to clean up. Republicans fight against slavery??? Republicans fight anything that stands in their way! They are power junkies, drunk with power!
    I agree with your view of Capitalism… that’s it. I am pro-socialism, however disagree that it is slavery, fascism is slavery. And though Fascism sets up private sectors keeping secrets from the people, Republicans are the ones to blame for governmental privacy not the Democrats. Democrats have been trying to break down the walls covering the deep dark secrets of America, for instance “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” reflects the Republican battle to keep the military’s dirty little secrets, but unconstitutional “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” policy is finally being repealed.
    I’m going to get my Rum. We can make this as ugly and immature as you’d like it to be.
    *For the record, I’m no troll. Ha! I’m an Angel of pure Light! Trying to shine upon a lost and hungry soul. How dry she truly must have been before crossing my path.*

5. What is ironic tho is out of all that liberals accuse republicans of doing, at least we have morals. Notice that its always a liberal women that allows her husband to cheat. JFK has Marlyn, Clinton had Monica, and Arnold has his love child (give he’s a republican but considering Shriver’s liberal family its not surprising she accepted it)

6. Typical left wing troll, anytime anything comes slightly conservative then lets do a Nazi and Hilter comparison, which is really a moot comparison since Republicans are nothing like Hitler and not saying to enslave people. Republicans are the ones who actually fought against slavery. Abe Lincoln being an example of that.
    Fascism = A scare tactic in the US to try and weaken the private sector by Democrats.
    Socialism = slavery
    Capitalism = a system that has worked fine for the last 250 years.
    I’ll continue this argument later, after a vodka run because this convo is turning a little too boorish to do dry.

7. Lucifer Sam says:

Look again, Stace! “Since the days of Adolf Hitler”! Republicans have been using his strategies of desensitizing the public since the 1940s and confusing the American people by saying Fascism=Socialism=Capitalism. When in reality there are huge differences, and SAYING that the processes and procedures of program functionality are the same as all the others is fascism in itself.

8. So all republicans are Nazis? You consider Abe Lincoln, one of our greatest presidents, to be a Nazi then? Because he was the very first republican president.

9. Lucifer Sam says:

Only that, I take notice of how easily you are entertained by immaturity rather than rational mind set. If I were you I would reconsider what is stimulating to you, Stace, and try adapting to the intelligence of common sense. Fascism has been the cup of tea for the republicans since the days of Adolf Hitler.

10. Yea and your obviously a Roseanne fan: Deprived for attention after enduring 9 years of watching mindless dribble spoken from a woman who talked nonsense out of one hole while the other hole is doing tricks to entertain the driver/baby daddy.
    Lmao, this is actually pretty entertaining. Got anything else to add?

11. Lucifer Sam says:

*Booth*

12. Lucifer Sam says:

Your mom, is a decapitated, child molester, who dragged you to the republican voting both by the clitoris.
    How’s that for immaturity! :p

13. Yea, and your Al Gore is a whining, paranoid, carbon billionaire.

14. purejuice says:

go, rosie.

15. And as the very first blogger posted here, the constitution protects against that were to ever happen with the phrase:
    “When a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

16. purejuice says:

In these sentiments, Sir, I agree to this Constitution with all its faults, if they are such; because I think a general Government necessary for us, and there is no form of Government but what may be a blessing to the people if well administered, and believe farther that this is likely to be well administered for a course of years, and can only end in Despotism, as other forms have done before it, when the people shall become so corrupted as to need despotic Government, being incapable of any other.
    — Benjamin Franklin, 1787

17. purejuice says:

— On the Constitution, Benjamin Franklin, 1787

18. Lucifer Sam says:

Stace… You’re being immature. How old are you?

19. Lucifer Sam says:

Capitalism has the choices for government to decide on. Socialism is often the programs that are selected based on the people’s choices, which still include constitutional rights, however it’s enforced by the Law. Fascism is where a Ruler gives you limited or no freedom, in an often controlled system where you are basically lab rats to the Ruler. And the Ruler has all the freedom and can basically tell you to do anything, and you must do it. It’s a form of slavery.
    Just making sure the people know the difference between capitalism, socialism, and fascism. Just helping keep us all relatively sane, we don’t have to be though. ;)

20. Yea and FDR is who laid the groundwork for Reagan to be able to do that. Also, there is an obvious difference between fascism and socialism, but you keep trying to imply that I must be insane. Why is that, I’m not calling you insane and lets not forget that I’m not the one who has been splashed across the media several times for what appeared to be drunken late night ramblings that hardly make sense, ranting and raving on everything from Brad and Angelina to some random director that made it on my bad side over 20 years ago and I’m now mad that he has a bigger name then me—-but you have! I’m not calling you crazy because you have different opinions, even though many have said that you are and are ruining your own legacy, so why would you refer to someone else as such? Standard left wing bullshit is all that is.

21. Lucifer Sam says:

LOL Stace, Roseanne already told you it wasn’t unconstitutional as you claim. I hope your confusion clears!
    Let’s take the current medicare bill Obama is trying to pass right now. I had to revise the bill because there were portions of it that are unconstitutional, such as: sending people to jail for not having health insurance and/or charging them $100,000 fine. After the revisions the bill is going to be considered constitutional.
    So even though the Agricultural Adjustment Act was ruled unconstitutional at one time, it doesn’t make the bill itself unconstitutional. Especially, if the bill went into effect after it’s revisions. This is what democracy is about, finding an agreement on common ground. It’s the way the house is set up for congress and the president to agree on terms that are for the people. The AAA is a Constitutional Act according to history. These kind of revisions happen all the time, it’s a way of testing the people’s true constitutional freedoms and it strengthens us.
    FDR was a very open minded and very constitutional. I’m sure he recognized that farmer’s of that period of time were struggling with economy so he attempted to adjust the farming industry where it could become employment for the people and put a cap on the inflation of overstocked farmed foods. The government had to put a stop to spending money on farms if the money wasn’t going to return directly back to the economy because the country was trying to recover from The Great Depression.
    Check out how the Government and the Economy works before giving us a history lesson. It may appear unconstitutional, but that’s how government bills are past during a struggling economy. The government needs to know how hard it needs to be on the people to motivate us back to a flourishing economy. Don’t believe everything you hear with history, take a bite out of it, research how the government worked in those days, double check the economies status, and then go back to history. I’m sure you’ll find yourself enlightened at how much wiser you’ll see yourself.

22. Also, no. There were programs such as SS that were positive and lasted…but the thing is just because of that doesn’t make him a good president because even Bush had positive legislation come out of his administration but your just picking like 2 or 3 that had a positive impact out of the very many that were declared unconstitutional.

23. I agree that it is a great quote, and makes a lot of sense but also cannot forget it was still written for and spoken by a POLITICIAN, and we both know that politicians will say anything to get elected and he did serve 4 terms so it was obviously an interest of his, so all I was saying is his words contradicted his actions.

24. On that same day also, the Court unanimously struck down the Frazier-Lemke Act portion of the New Deal as unconstitutional.

25. Also read on another program, the NRA, and how it was ruled unconstitutional in Supreme Court case Schechter v. United States

26. I never said that the entire thing was unconstitutional, and I just gave you an example of one of the programs that was declared as such which a lot of its programs were declared. Not every one of his programs were, however, as I said in my original post. Just like any other economic plan, it has positive aspects but FDRs was more over a blunder.

27. For example: The Agricultural Adjustment Act which raised farm prices by cutting total farm output of major crops and livestock; replaced by a new AAA because the Supreme Court ruled it unconstitutional.

28. Yea and Eleanor was also his first cousin so what does that tell you?? And read between the lines of the New Deal, Roseanne, and you’ll see. Your a smart woman, so I’m sure you can spot how it excluded women.

29. Also, a lot of the New Deal programs were declared unconstitutional decades ago. Have you even researched any of this Roseanne because you don’t seem to have knowledge of anything that actually happened during this era.

30. That’s a lie! World War II got us out of the depression because it provided a business boom to create weapons. Look at some illustrations from the 1940s of how even farmers protested the New Deal, just seen one that illustrated a farm with a sign stating “This farm is not on government relief” because it was a system based on government dependence.

31. Actually something declared unconstitutional would be by Congress, who is defining it based on the Constitution so its actually defined by our founding fathers in the 1700s

32. I’ve read what it says and what I’m reading is spoken from a politician, one that defined presidential limits at that after he served 4 terms, that put down the private sector but have you truly read every line of what he proposed for the public sector, Roseanne? I mean, your big on feminism so I would imagine you would already know this but do you know how his economic plans excluded women, just at that? Everything I said was true, it just involves reading more then what’s provided by mainstream book publishing.

33. In what way am I misinformed?

34. Have you heard of a thing called the “New Deal”? It was FDR’s system of economics, where a lot of programs were declared unconstitutional, others were repealed and it was a system that also was considered during that day to have been prolonging the Great Depression because everyone was on government relief, well except for women of course because FDRs system of economics did very little for women because it was considered that if a man had a job then whole families would benefit and also a social norm that a woman would give up her job upon marriage, and actually laws in some states preventing both husband and wife from holding government positions…so essentially you could consider FDR to be a chauvinistic, as well as a communist and fascist because his economic plans were accused of being both.
    Also another one of FDRs blunders is the attack on Pearl Harbour and how he denied intelligence reports to Hawaii prior to the attack, misleading his own commanders about negotiations with Japan, as well as he falsified the information that was given to Hawaii. Bush Jr stole a page out of FDRs book on 9/11 because it was a repeat of the same thing. An attack on american soil led by our own government to outrage the public so bad that it would enrage Congress to declare a war which would finally give the president his chance to push his true agenda.

35. MiddleFingerGuy says:

FDR spent a lot of money on safety-nets for the poor … Reagan raped the poor as Republicains like to do.
    He wasted so much money on defense, for a no-war president, it’s disgusting. I think Reagan was one of many horrible presidents. I have a problem with most of our presidents. A two party system lacks diversity. We need to expand our system to include more than 2 power-crazed political parties to represent a modern, changing America. Fight the power! Fight the poers the be! #Vote

36. Of course though with FDR’s position you can’t blame him because that was a war that was necessary and also one that bankrupted almost all of Europe and how we even became the worlds only superpower for so many decades so of course it would cost the USA a lot of money as well.

37. Don’t want to correct you but while Reagan was a horrible president he didn’t spend more then any other president, even up until that point. Ironically FDR, who Roseanne is calling our greatest president ever (and he was a very good president) spent almost 1.5 trillion dollars on WWII alone and also his successor Harry Truman borrowed what would be valued today through inflation rates an estimated 24 trillion dollars from Congress.

38. MiddleFingerGuy says:

When Reagan was elected, it was the biggest role of his career, the President. He started this country on a downward trend of not helping the poor and diadvantaged and spent more money than any other president, up to that point.
    He never made any sense and he is/was a fucking war criminal. I’m glad he is finally dead. Oh, but now he is thought to be a great president. Fuck Republicains; and Karl Rove was the mastermind.
    Barr v Palin 2012

39. Derrik.Moore says:

Either that or “Calibri”

40. Derrik.Moore says:

Its probably the font called “Cambria Math”. It looks very similar to the default font on my computers Office software that I type all my bosses reports in at work is how I noticed it.

41. QuackQuack says:

Off Topic: Does anyone know what “font” is being used for Roseanne’s post? I doubt Roseanne will know, hence anyone. Thank you. I actually quite like that “font”.

42. Reagan was a master manipulator. He knew how to play on the fears of his all white fan base – he convinced them that their fears of black people overpopulating and taking over the country would be true. He let them believe that the welfare queens and the junkies and queers were out to get them, and that if we let HIV exterminate those populations everything would be okay. Those fears were so intense that they still exist today.

43. Lucifer Sam says:

Lol I would join her secret service, if Roseanne wanted. In a heartbeat I would be ready.

44. Derrik.Moore says:

So does that mean if she’s elected president then your joining the Secret Service? If so then you might want to join now because new agents are never assigned high profile protectees which means if you wait until after Roseanne’s elected then the only bullet you’d be jumping in front of would be for the presidential goat!
    LOL!

45. Lucifer Sam says:

And I will gladly take the bullet for any woman of Righteousness such as you, Roseanne.

46. Lucifer Sam says:

I have a sweet side, I swear lol.

47. Lucifer Sam says:

I won’t easily die, I’ll make a mess, I’ll yell every bloody curse that runs in my veins to their highest power, I’ll speak forbidden fruits to their hearts, and make my death the most dishonorable in a most dishonorable government. My spirit will rot their souls, I will devour their minds in my death haunting them and every hand that causes my death (if anyone could accomplish killing me), I will cause the treacheries on their actions, turning there mistakes into the poison of their end and they will be brought to a suicidal government. And when it is finished and death has spread it’s wings upon the world casting the shadow of the valley of death, I will love again and ascend to the Light.
    Sorry, I get pretty detailed into the way things are headed for our world. I’m a writer and poet, also a model and actor lol. I’m not going down without a fight! And neither are you!

48. Lucifer Sam says:

Controlling powers such as “big brother”…. The governing version of Cain, where it’s people are as Abel. American government is it’s brother’s keeper in this eye. The symbolism of the flaws in the Bible have been creeping their way into the consciousness of the governing minds for centuries. What’s even more terrifying is to believe that the leaders have no idea how affected they are by prophetic karma. Their thirst for control and power has made them into the clay image of the villains in the Bible. Someone needs to instruct their subconscious and guide them to the Light before it’s too late for these mind controlled legions and they must lose their heads for lack of being able to control themselves.

I am with you on this note rosie, reagen was the asshole before the bush father and son. But if i can i want to add jimmy carter to the best president list as well as franklin.
    I love what he said.

50. Derrik.Moore says:

Ironically this is what we have today because its big businesses that own America and really every president that’s been in office since this transition occurred should have been impeached for going against the oath they took to be sworn into office because they have to promise to preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States by allowing this abuse to happen because the constitution states: