Aug

felt like i have been going mad

here, as I have tried to use my voice in defense of working class people, especially mothers my whole life.  I have paid quite a price for it I must say, but was rewarded greatly as well.  Now, it seems as if the language of the us has totally changed on me, and I am unable to use it effectively.  Since the total state of bullshit that exists now is ever expanding in its scope, I stand mute in front of it.

I have found that there simply is no way for me to say the things I feel should be said in this country without destroying my ability to get a job anywhere in the US media.  I don’t feel like retiring, and so I won’t.  Now that Obama has fucked up the internet, I have no hope of building a network on this site, as I have wanted to do for over a decade.  In 1994, after the death of my friend frank zappa, i tried to start a network for women on cable tv.  The people I pitched that idea to began a women’s network without me, and my partner Gail Zappa, and then turned me down for every idea I pitched to them for me to be in.
  I still had hope that I could provide women’s programming to at least one cable network in america.  I have now been turned down by every one of them for every idea I have brought them.  The infuriating thing is that months later I will see my ideas executed in other of their many new shows.
  The issue of the star spangled banner is often brought up to me, as is the issue of dressing like hitler in drag eating little palestinian people cookies.  Oh well!  C’est La Vie.  I am not ready to retire, and prefer to be hauled off and shot by a firing squad of nazi thugs (2012) than to shut up now.  So I wrote a book, Roseanarchy, dispatches from the nutfarm.
   Here I sit, armed with my rifle and my army of pigdogs and mad Hawaiians, goats sheep turkeys and cows whom I have persuaded to join my fight against repiglicans.  I notice that even though they continue to outsmart me, the pigs have ceased digging for my nuts!  Why, we (johnny gerald peter jeff and I) have wondered.  Gerald, who is Hawaiian and Phillipino says its because everything is so dry that the ground won’t yeild to piggy snouts, so they have mutated and started only to eat the nuts on the ground.  I have perfected evolution!  repigs can be our friends when their supplies are limited!

Comments

1. Dear Roseanne,
    I heard your interview with Amy Goodman. It was historic to have you two women together. Amongst many things in my life, I am a writer. I study with America poet of Diane di Prima of beat Era fame and I write for a arts, culture and politics weekly, The Northcoast Journal in Humboldt County in Northern California. I would love to write abut your book. How would I obtain a copy? I will also try the publisher.
    Stephanie Silvia
    20 Stagecoach Road
    Trinidad CA 95570
    It would be incredible to do this.

I feel this way too like if i say too much people do not hire me in media but i nver back down.

Thanks Timothy, and you kno that aint no regulation cig either! Free the Green 14 Legalize Hemp, Liberate Cannabis, My mom used to call me lady jane grey wen i was in trouble. Now im not, so im green! Never grey again. She lost her hed, as it were. I found mine!

4. I love your pic and your screename so real n raw.

5. waiting for your book roseanne… and will watch the talk) with darleane… fan of both of you..

6. LovetheLove says:

That’s the thing beht, Roseanne’s sit-com is ageless. I watch it now and feel like I’m watching a family living in 2010. It’s amazing how the “avante guard-ness” never goes away. That, and Lecy Goranson is my life-long crush! hehehe

7. what network let you done? was it lifetime or we?.

The national anthem for the “United States of Amerikkka”
    is universally known as an unsingable piece of crap. You were set up.

9. between the blasts of plasma hitting the earth from the sun and the year of the metal tiger, this dragon s tired.

10. Yeah I guess the Star Spangled banner didn’t go over that well because “oh this is the country’s song…” gimme a break….Don’t retire. Just figure some kind of way. The show from 80′s/90′s still seems as fresh and brand new now as it was then. Has never aged.

11. I still think your rendition of the star spangled banner is one of the funniest things I’ve ever seen!
    Everyone that is aware feels the same about our reality I think. We are living in crazy times…
    Please don’t retire

Thanks LovetheLove for the clarification, the volcanic gases down these parts are givin me the vaporz. by the way, here on the east side of the Big Island, Pele, the original Matriot, is going off! Lava show by land, sea or air is spectacular…I grew up 15 minutes away from Salem, Massachusetts, where many a good woman was burned, drowned, etc. There were times growing up when i was afraid that old school mentality was gonna eat me alive. So I moved to Northern California where freaks and witches are harder to spot against the deep green foliage! Now in Hawaii, full camoflage is possible.Still one must be wary of snakes in the grass, and pigs in your nuts as it were….

13. LovetheLove says:

“We of the feminist mind are truly public enemy #1 at this point in time”
    No! You are the public’s SAFETY NET!! We need you. What you are enemy #1 to is the patriarchal ELITE. I know that’s what you meant, but I had to clarify to say that you are one of the last lines of defense FOR the public! That’s why feminism is such a never-ending threat to the patriarchal ruling establishment. This is why witches who were mostly female (and the males who supported them) were hunted down and burned at the stake. It’s only because of conscious evolution that we’ve come a little bit further in our thinking. But the old male ideology of sadism isn’t stepping down without first exhausting all of its “fire-power” figuratively and inevitably, literally.

14. pattyproletariat says:

It’s always amazed me that you were able to carry that working class voice through the ad sales media machine and make it heard- your popularity is a testament to how working class people really responded to the truth in that humor.
    Our work to bring class consciousness to people in this country is so important-
    As the piggies in charge fight to shut us up, we see that this crisis is our opportunity to really reach people!

Its a mad mad f-ing world out there oh fearless Matriot! You being blackballed by the mainstream media as you fight for womens representation makes maverick media artists like myself work twice as hard to spread the word. We of the feminist mind are truly public enemy #1 at this point in time, when the choking grip of the patriarchy is weakening. Now more than ever women who speak for women are in the firing line. You are not alone. As a Dragon, your year has been full of conflict and attack, check out Theodora Lau, or other chinese astrology sources. We are still at the Farmers Market at Seaview, Kalapana every Saturday. Check it out. It will give you a laff. We have Barr 2012 on the back of our van! Much Aloha, Punalena and the Roseanarchy bitches

16. LovetheLove says:

Hi Roseanne, I honestly have no idea how you were able to get your sit-com on the air in the Reagan-80s, but am I wrong to think that things have gotten so bad now that if you tried to get a show like that on tv nowadays you wouldn’t be able to? I mean look at all the garbage on tv now. I don’t even watch it anymore (except for movies). I think it’s just a programming device to brainwash people into not thinking for themselves. Do you agree?