By Loren Bienvenu – originally published on the Sante Fe Reporter
Binders Full of Roseanne
Five reasons Roseanne Barr deserves your vote for President of the United States of America
Contrary to the opinion of certain SFR editors, being intoxicated is not the only reason why someone would vote for Roseanne Barr. The comedian, former sitcom star, best-selling author, and outspoken activist is on the ballot in three States, and is recognized as an official write-in candidate in twenty others, including New Mexico.
If you consider yourself a principled voter and need a rationale to justify voting for an entertainer for public office, consider the following:
5. She is the candidate of a legitimate party: the Peace and Freedom Party, founded in 1967 (Nader’s party in the 2008 election). Even better, her running mate is peace activist Cindy Sheehan!
4. Her platform issues are nothing to laugh about. They include drug policy and prison reform, equal rights regardless of gender, sexuality, & race, and the expansion of electoral politics to include more than two parties (obviously).
3. Unlike Mitt Romney, Roseanne is open about her past struggles with multiple personality disorder.
2. Unlike Barack Obama, if she (or Sheehan) were awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, it would be consistent with the prize’s mission statement.
1. She is a talented singer (watch to end):
While some might argue that a vote for Obama is a vote for Romney (or a vote for Romney is a vote for Obama), nobody can deny that a vote for Obama or for Romney is not a vote for Roseanne.